Stupid Comments in the Wilderness
(Sent to me by my friend Holly Hutchison.)
From: <blanked out for privacy>
To: "'Great Dark Horde'" <blanked out for privacy>
Subject: FW: Wilderness Complaints
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:03:26 -0600
My contribution for the day:
The following comments are actual ones received in 1996 on the
Bridger Wilderness registration sheets and comment cards. Enjoy!
- Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
- Instead of a permit system or regulations, the Forest Service
needs to reduce world-wide population growth to limit the
number of visitors to wilderness.
- Ban walking sticks in wilderness. Hikers that use walking
sticks are more likely to chase animals.
- All the mile markers are missing this year.
- Found a smoldering cigarette left by a horse.
- Trail needs to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails
that go uphill.
- Too many bugs, leeches, spiders, and spider webs. Please spray
the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.
- Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during
- Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to
wonderful views without having to hike to them.
- The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake.
Please eradicate these annoying animals.
- A small deer came into my camp and stole my jar of pickles. Is
there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call ___ __ ____.
- Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people
can hike at night with flashlights.
- Escalators would help on the steep uphill sections.
- Need more signs to keep area pristine.
- A McDonald's would be nice at the trailhead.
- The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.
- I brought lots of sandwich makings, but forgot bread. If you
have extra bread, leave it in the yellow tent at V Lake.
- Too many rocks in the mountains.